Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through providing services to support them? The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for an individual that is committed to service, community, and teamwork.
Under the general supervision of the Talent Acquisition Manager, this position is responsible for work of considerable difficulty serving as a Senior Talent Acquisition Analyst to all assigned regional office within the Division of Benefits and Medical Eligibility (DBME). This position is recognized as an expert in Human Resources, with specialized expertise in the Staffing and Recruitment area.
This position is responsible for:
● Offering guidance and collaboration with hiring managers to develop and execute staffing plans and activities to hire qualified individuals.
● Composing announcements and prepare requisitions in Talent Acquisition. Developing interview and screening question.
● Consulting and participating on panels or proctor testing/skills assessments when needed.
● Conferring with Division position control specialists, personnel liaisons, and human resource analysts to confirm vacant position numbers are in the proper classification and ensure that staffing efforts maintain established headcount.
● Traveling to offices, meetings, events on behalf of the agency, attending career events and job fairs for recruitment of vacant positions.
● Providing management and employees with interpretation of Arizona Administrative Code (A. A. C.), Department/Division Policies and Procedures, Employment Law and Federal Laws; ensuring consistent application and compliance with such rules and policies.
● Meeting established goals and metrics. Preparing a wide variety of presentations, reports, tracks and maintains data. Assist in the development of staffing and recruitment related policy and procedures. Provide guidance and input to colleagues and lower-level staff. Conducts special studies, coordinates special projects.
● Employment Law, EEOC process, FLSA and Arizona revised statutes.
● Knowledge of personnel rules, policies and procedures related to work assignment.
● Microsoft Office Suites, Google Documents, Sheets and Forms.
● Diverse sourcing methods (job board, social media, etc.).
● Human behavior and individual differences.
● Staffing trends and best practice guidelines for the selection process.
● Recruiting and sourcing for a variety of classifications and geographic locations.
● In-person and electronic interviews.
● Interpreting policies and procedures.
● Developing innovative approaches for tapping into new sources of applicants.
● Developing and maintaining a pool of qualified candidates for both new and future positions.
● Communicating effectively, verbally and in writing.
● Interpersonal relationships and diplomacy in dealing with the public and customers.
● Critically assess and problem-solve.
● Interviewing, fact finding.
● Researching, collecting and analyzing data,
● Establishing priorities between competing needs with limited resources and tight timeframes.
● Developing and implementing various process improvement initiatives.
● Organizational and analytical skills.
● Computer skills in Google Forms and Sheets, Gmail, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet, Talent Acquisition and Human Resource Information Systems.
● Handle high volume recruitment in geographically challenging areas and staffing for hard-to-fill positions.
● Speak with confidence about the agency's culture, reputation and benefits.
● Plan and make independent decisions.
● Provide professional customer service to both hiring managers and applicants.
● Listen attentively to customer needs and provide appropriate and timely responses.
● Network and build relationships with professionals outside the organization.
● Prioritizing and managing workflow, respond to inquiries and provide guidance.
● Develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with employees and management.
● Maintain sensitive and confidential information.
● Multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
● Review issues and make well-reasoned and fully supportive recommendation within the framework of laws, rules and regulations.
● Learn about classifications within the assign division and how areas relate to one another.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or closely related field and two (2) years’ experience in staffing, recruitment and the selection process or equivalent experience. or any combination of training and experience that meets the knowledge, skills, and abilities for the position. Relevant HR Certification.
● Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
● Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
● In state travel is required for State business. Employees who drive on State business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management Safety Program policy and procedures (DES 1-07-26 & DES 1-07-26-01). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
-Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability Insurance
-10 holidays per year
-Paid Vacation and Sick time off - start earning it your 1st day
-Eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
-Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
-Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
-Career Advancement Opportunities
-Opportunity to work remotely (home office) on an ad-hoc basis
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact us at (480) 601-1445 or email email@example.com.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting (480) 601-1445. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.