This positions processes service approvals and creates services request for living arrangements and services.
DCS offers a Bi-Lingual Stipend to all interested and eligible DCS Employees who successfully complete a language proficiency exam. Qualifying employees will receive a $500 annual stipend paid in equal increments.
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work at DCS!
- Processes Service Approvals for living arrangements and services including; Kinship Home Study, Courtesy Supervision. This also includes manages and responding to email inquires about Service Approvals for living arrangements and services and verifying information has been correctly entered on a Service Request so the Service Approval can be processed and matched to a Contracted Provider.
- Creates Service Requests in Guardian database for living arrangements and services.
- Resources available in the community that may be utilized on behalf of clients
- Developmental and behavioral problems of children's culture, environmental and community influences on the behavior and development of individuals
- Computers software, Windows applications
- Eliciting and gathering information
- De-escalating situations
- Managing own time and arranging work
- Verbal and written communication
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Performing general clerical functions such as, reception, filing, mailing, data entry
- Organize pertinent data in a logical, coherent manner
- Prepare written reports in a prescribed format
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and their families
- Learn and adhere to DCS policies and regulations applicable to assigned programs
- Interacts with professional, e.g. psychologists, social workers, etc., on a daily basis
- Interpret and apply eligibility criteria
- Actively listen and provide supportive attention to clients
- Understand and adhere to the Policies and Procedures of Guardian
- Understand and adhere to Current state, federal and district laws and policies regarding child welfare services
The selected candidate will have two years of college or university training with a minimum of 21 semester hours in child development, rehabilitation, social services, counseling, psychology, sociology or other closely related filed.
The ability to secure and maintain clearance from the DCS Central Registry.
High school diploma or GED
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.