We are seeking a talented and engaged intern who wants to develop beyond the classroom. In this role, you will learn the inner workings of an environmental agency’s communications team while developing marketing portfolio materials. Gain experience supporting a passionate team of communications professionals in a fast-paced environment and support the advancement of ADEQ’s strong agency brand.
Intern Project: Primary: Developing and executing a content management plan, associated performance metrics and reporting, and standard work and processes for the agency’s YouTube channel. Work with the communications team to organize and leverage the agency's YouTube Channel for multiple purposes including internal staff training, external customer training, and web and social media content. Document standard work and processes for sustaining the content management and measurement plan.
Secondary: Provide support for and work directly with our team on social media content conception and creation, publishing, and reporting. Assist with content calendar for social channels. Create/edit media content (images and video) that align with our brand. Develop and track analytics and work closely with our team to compile reports with content highlights and actionable insights. Provide original ideas and feedback during strategy sessions.
Other duties may be assigned.
You will bring the following to the internship:
• G-suite applications
• Social Media (YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite)
• Adobe Creative Cloud – InDesign, Premiere, or After Effects knowledge a plus
• Organization and time management; data analysis; social media; email marketing; writing, editing, and visual storytelling, basic design, and creative problem solving
• Explain, prioritize and facilitate multiple projects
• Reliably communicate online during work hours via email, phone, and video
You will gain the following from this internship:
• Learn the inner workings of an environmental agency’s communications team while developing marketing portfolio materials
• Access detailed knowledge of the agency’s programs, workflows and processes
• Conduct real-world marketing through collaborating with multiple agency programs to advance brand messaging and reputation
• Professional presentation skills
• Lean management skills, including visual performance management and voice of customer
• Intern candidate must be in their Junior or Senior year of a BS/BA or working towards a Masters/PhD program
• Candidate must have a GPA of 3.0 or better
• Candidate must have the right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
• Candidate must be at least 18 years old
Do you think you have the combination of environmental passion, technical and creative knowledge, skills and abilities to help drive this agency to our vision? If so, apply today. To learn more about us, our organizational habits known as the ADEQ Way, our culture, and other positions we have open, visit us at DEQ/careers
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.