The Department of Economic Security, Division of Technology Services is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Solution Architecture Lead and will be responsible for managing a team of application developers, solutions architects, database, and quality assurance analysts.
The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that affords employees flexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many agencies, boards, commissions, many State employees participate in the State's Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in offices, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona unless an exception is properly authorized in advance.
• Manage professional employees and or supervises medium to large, complex technical or business support or production operations teams. Provides leadership to supervisors and or professional staff. May provide technical guidance to employees, colleagues, and or customers.
• Work closely with Technical Product Managers and Project Managers and with business teams to architect technology solutions to meet client needs. Suggest alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements 20 and or with greater re-usability, and or longer life.
• Manage the technical delivery of integrations, security, single-sign-on, and application-customizations. Publish and present the architecture and innovative solutions to technology leaders and business executive. Track and identify technologies to solve business problems and present findings to technology leaders.
• Define and implement development best practices including secure coding, adequate unit testing, code quality checks, automated build processes, and continuous integration. Ensure compliance of new and existing applications with technology standards and policies.
• Prepare reports for Applications Development Senior Manager. Reports will identify the health of software applications, performance metrics and the status of development projects. Provide technical information required to develop the annual budget, including cost to upgrade or renew software and hiring additional resources.
• Makes decisions guided by policies, procedures, and business plans; receives guidance from senior manager.
• Creates and promotes a productive work environment, ensuring that necessary skills and competencies are in place to meet the goal of the team. Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
• Knowledge of all facets of management and leadership, as well as a vision for DES technical environment as it relates to application development and the being managed.
• Knowledge of the infrastructure technologies, in-house developed applications and vendor applications utilized in the enterprise.
• Knowledge of the organization's methodologies and tools including waterfall, Agile, and Scrum.
• Knowledge of interrelationships among various internal and external organizational functions.
• Knowledge of advanced software/testing methodologies.
• Knowledge of designing systems to intrinsically support Quality and Performance Testing.
• Knowledge of application architecture, design, coding, automated testing practices and implementation.
• Skill in interpersonal, written, and oral communications.
• Skill in system administration and leadership.
• Skills to advocate technology changes that provide value and support agency goals. Skills to champion a cohesive and consistent approach to improvement in the organization.
• Skill in listening, which include the ability to listen to others without interrupting.
• Skills in creating and foster lines of communication that help multiple teams to identify solutions.
• Skills in leveraging networks of people to better define and solve problems.
• Skills in defining immediate and long-term goals, priorities, and operational plan to ensure team goals are aligned with the goals and priorities of the organization.
• Ability to develop/grow teams and resources to meet the needs of DES and its clients,
• Ability to provide clear and concise direction.
• Ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations.
• Ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly.
• Ability to build strong relationships both inside and outside of the organization.
• Ability to evaluate and test emerging technologies.
• Ability to apply creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met.
• Ability to understand and anticipate needs and priorities of both internal and external customers.
• Ability to quickly learn and lead resources in new programming languages, APls, and platforms.
• Bachelor's degree plus 10 or more years of programming and analysis experience (or equivalent experience). Master's degree is preferred. Salesforce.com Certified Advanced Developer and/or AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional are preferred.
• Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management-Safety Program policy and procedures (DES 1-07-26 & DES 1-07-26-01). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
• Applicants for this position will be required to apply for and show proof of receipt of a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card that meets DES requirements for a Level One card.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant computer science major or related field AND/OR 5 or more years of related experience in related discipline (or equivalent experience).
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Career Advancement & Employee Development Opportunities
- Flexible schedules to create a work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Stipend Opportunities
- Infant at Work Program
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
Apply through azstatejobs.azdoa.gov. For questions about this career opportunity, please call Benson Walker at 480-318-4150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 480-318-4150. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.