As a Senior Grant Analyst, you will work closely with operations division/programs in discovering and managing grant applications, implementation, reporting and compliance. This position will be responsible for data analysis and governance including reporting to all levels of management. The Senior Grant Analyst will work closely with program management and other offices within the Agency as a champion for federal funding management and compliance. This position is virtual with some in-office time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support program adherence to all federal and state requirements; development, implementation, evaluation of and reporting on; documented plans and strategies of the organization.
• Support all activities to prepare and manage all grant applications, implementation and reporting for grants received, primarily EPA.
• Identify potential grant sources and support applications with all programs.
• Utilize internal Federal, Agency and State financial reporting systems to track all grant activities.
• Support grant coordination and compliance with program staff.
• Maintain financial records and support all reporting requirements, both internal and external.
• Ensure that all statutory and administrative requirements and grant conditions have been met, both financially and administratively, during the closeout of grant programs.
• Must have experience with federal financial grant applications, management and reporting.
• Must have experience applying grant financial analysis principles and program requirements to evaluate, assess, and make recommendations related to the oversight of grant application and management.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and experience providing editorial and advisory recommendations.
• Must be well organized and have a detail oriented, high accuracy approach.
• Must have ability to organize and prioritize work load; communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals at all levels.
• Strong knowledge of government financial and budgeting practices and familiarity with State financial systems.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access) and/or Google Suite.
• Experience with data analysis and problem solving, problem analysis and resolution; LEAN, six sigma.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other related field preferred, plus 2 years’ experience; Master's substitutes for 1 year of experience.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
· We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
ASRS Lifetime Pension Benefits
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.