The Arizona Attorney General’s Office Operation Division/Information Services Section is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer. This position is responsible for the general business operations the AGO network and server infrastructure. The position will exercise discretion and independent judgement to categorizes, isolate, and resolve network, storage, and server issues. Processes, documents, and coordinates resolution of high level support to the Helpdesk. Implements hardware solutions, software patches, security fixes, and tests/validates modified system configurations. Ensures compliance with standards for systems software and documentation. Monitors system reliability and availability.
• Operations of maintenance, support, and development of the AGO network and server infrastructure. Exercise discretion and independent judgement to categorizes, isolate, and resolve network problems.
• Proactively solves unique & complex system problems; provides high level support to end users and Helpdesk staff.
• Performs system analysis/design, operations, maintenance, security, systems management, technical support, and resource management.
• Implements and interprets policies, directives, and procedures.
• Works as part of a team to address and predict issues that could impact the user community.
• Working knowledge of all infrastructure technologies
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
• Work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
• Synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
• Build strong relationships inside and outside the organization
• Develop and write technical documentation
• Evaluate and test emerging technologies
• Apply creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met
• Install and repair PC/Server/Storage hardware and software
• Perform advanced design, maintenance and repair of servers
• Perform advanced information system configuration management
• MS Exchange management
• Storage Area Networking design and management
• Network routing and firewall configuration
5 years of experience in support systems, systems architecture, and systems design, network troubleshooting.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 3 or more years of experience in systems administration (or equivalent experience).
• Travel is required for this position. A valid Arizona Driver’s License is required, along with consent to have your driving record run periodically.
• All applicants under serious consideration for hire with the Attorney General's Office are required to be fingerprinted by the Office and complete a criminal background check through State and Federal agencies. A job offer cannot be tendered until the candidate has successfully passed the initial background check. Your record does not automatically constitute a bar to employment. Factors such as, but not limited to, age at time of offense and age of offense, as well as the relationship between the offense and the job for which you apply will be taken into account.
The Attorney General's Office offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
• Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
• Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Human Resources at (602) 542-8056 or email us at email@example.com.
During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting the AG’s Human Resources Office at (602) 542-8056 or via e-mail at HumanResources@azag.gov. The Arizona Office of the Attorney General does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age in its programs, activities or in its hiring and employment practices. The following division has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Operations Division, 2005 N. Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85004, Phone: (602) 542-8056, Fax: (602) 542-8000.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.