The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for highly skilled individuals who are committed to service, community, and teamwork to be part of our amazing culture of helping Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance.
The DES Child Care Administration has recently become its own Division within DES, and is responsible for the development, oversight, and implementation of the Child Care and Development Fund State Plan, and additional federal child care relief investments which require states to ensure equitable access to high quality child care, focused on child development and well-being. The Division of Child Care (DCC) is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a State Licensing Surveyor (Certification Surveyor). This position is responsible for family child care certification and case management duties including conducting ongoing monitoring visits to ensure the health, safety, and supervision of children in care and compliance of the home facility.
- Recruit and certify home providers.
- Conduct family child care provider home inspections.
- Conduct orientations for certified family child care providers and non-certified relative providers (NCRP).
- Case management of child attendance documents, immunization records, billing documents, other time sensitive and confidential personal information.
- Document progress notes and ensure provider information is current and updated timely.
- Conduct complex complaint investigations.
- Knowledge of Department policy and state statute, federal law and rules pertaining to multiple child care programs.
- Knowledge of early childhood development, age appropriate activities, appropriate disciplinary and behavior management methods.
- Knowledge of effective techniques necessary to conduct a home study visit.
- Skills pertaining to planning and organizing case management activities.
- Skilled in conducting interviews in a time efficient objective manner.
- Comprehension skills to absorb, interpret and assimilate large quantities of written materials regarding state
and federal laws, rules and policy related to client and provider eligibility for multiple programs.
- Ability to manipulate computer equipment to complete accurate case disposition.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to assess unsafe situations and react quickly and appropriately.
Knowledge of Early Childhood development, age appropriate activities, appropriate disciplinary and behavior management methods.
- Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
- Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
- The position will require a current, valid Arizona Driver’s License. Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) and have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management-Safety Program policy and procedures (DES 1-07-26 & DES 1-07-26-01). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
- Candidates for this position shall be subject to a search of both the Child Protective Services Central Registry pursuant to A.R.S. 8-804 and the Adult Protective Services Registry pursuant to A.R.S. 46-459.
- Candidate shall have or meet the requirements to obtain prior to their first day of employment, a valid Level One Arizona fingerprint clearance card issued pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute 41-1758.07 in order to work with children and vulnerable adults.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Career Advancement & Employee Development Opportunities
- Flexible schedules to create a work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Stipend Opportunities
- Infant at Work Program
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact Yolanda Knori at (602) 542-4532 or email@example.com.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting (602) 542-4532.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.