The Arizona’s Department of Homeland Security - Cyber Command is recruiting for a position that maintains, reviews, and administers critical State Cybersecurity Infrastructure to protect confidential data and information.
This position will serve as a Statewide Senior Cyber Security Engineer for Identity and Access Management (IAM), supporting day to day operations and contributing to designing, testing and supporting of critical Identity and Access automation activities.
• Work with a team of people with a cyber security focus, provide regular executive level updates, and contribute to team success with ongoing tracking and implementation of projects
• Coordinate with Cybersecurity Analysts to manage rules and signatures (e.g., intrusion detection/protection systems, antivirus, digital certificates and content blacklists) for state systems and specialized cyber defense applications
• Build, maintain, and enforce policies and procedures to ensure effective provisioning, de-provisioning, and entitlements of all identities; suggest and implement continuous improvement and automation opportunities
• Administer test bed(s), and test and evaluate applications, hardware infrastructure, rules/signatures, access controls, and configurations of platforms managed by service provider(s)
• Create, edit, troubleshoot, and assist with identity management and access control on specialized cyber systems (e.g., G-Suite, multi-factor authentication and active directory systems)
• Assist in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the protection of related critical cyber defense infrastructure and key resources
• Respond to network access anomalies to actively remediate unauthorized activities
• Build, install, configure, and test dedicated cyber defense platforms and tools
• In-depth understanding and knowledge of commonly used Cyber Security concepts, practices and procedures within the Identity Access Management (IAM) Information Technology field
• Broad expertise with identity management platforms that cover core authentication and directory services, and cloud identity solutions such as OKTA
• Knowledge of access and authentication audit, logging, and monitoring policies and integrations with instrumentation platforms such as Splunk
• Strong familiarity with authentication methods, SSO, OAuth, MFA, SAML, Kerberos, and internal and external certificates and providers
• Proven experience implementing and operating authentication and authorization solutions within a large technology enterprise
• Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity and privacy
• Strong customer focus with ability to manage customer expectations and experience
• Detail orientated, critical thinking, fast-paced work experience in a technical setting
• Ability to communicate well with others, to perform work in a team environment
• Automation skills for administrative tasks with PowerShell
• Minimum of 6 years of related Information Technology experience, preferably Identity and Access
• Management (IAM) Identity, Technical, Application, or Security certifications are a plus
• Department of Public Safety fingerprint background check
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Sick leave
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
• Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
• Note that enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment
• If you have any questions please feel free to contact Ariel Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.