The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is seeking an energetic and motivated individual to join our team as a Storekeeper. This position may serve as a lead worker of the warehouse facility performing various tasks such as ordering, receiving, storing, inventory, and distributing a wide variety of materials supplies and equipment at Arizona State Prison Complex-Lewis.
- Monitors and maintains stock levels
- Verifies items received to be issued against appropriate shipping and receiving documents and correctly prepare distribution documents
- Updates the automated inventory control system
- Recommends quantity of items to be ordered to maintain sufficient re-stocking levels
- May train, supervise, assign, evaluate and monitor work of lower-level or less experienced staff to include inmates
- Stock shelves, rotate items, and stage items for deliveries
- Creates reports regarding supply and material usage and project needs
- Prepares documents for purchasing orders and/or issuing materials, supplies, and/or equipment
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Storekeeping/warehousing practices and procedures including shipping, receiving, and inventory control
- Special storage requirements for certain hazardous materials and supplies
- Basic record-keeping and report preparation relating to warehouse activities
- State procurement procedures
- General warehouse safety practices and procedures
- Personal computers and software applications using Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
- Operating specialized warehousing equipment
- Verbal and written communication
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Comply with ADCRR Department Orders related to hazardous material storage and distribution
- Adhere to ADCRR safety regulations and mandates related to warehouse sanitation, security, and operation for material handling equipment
- Verify incoming/outgoing items against appropriate shipping/receiving documents
- Maintain inventory control records
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Apply sound critical judgment
- Read and interpret a varied range of reference materials
- Work independently and adapt to quickly changing priorities
- Work in a prison environment
- Three (3) years of experience receiving, storing, inventorying, and distributing a variety of supplies, materials, and equipment
- One (1) year as Supplies Clerk, Warehouse Worker, or equivalent position in the private sector
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation and a drug test.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.