The Arizona Department of Correction, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is seeking an energetic, motivated individual to join our team as a Storekeeper. This position is responsible for ordering, receiving, storing, conducting inventory, and distributing a wide variety of materials, supplies, and equipment at the Arizona State Prison Complex - Eyman.
- Monitors and maintains stock levels
- Coordinates and verifies outgoing shipments and incoming deliveries to ensure accuracy of materials, supplies, and equipment against packing slips and purchase orders
- Complete required documents for accounts payable to ensure prompt and correct payment to the vendor
- Prepares documentation to facilitate receipt of equipment, supplies, and materials
- Supervises, assigns work duties, evaluates, and monitors an inmate work crew
- Stocks, rotates, and stages products for deliveries
- Prepares reports on supply and material usage/projected needs
- Processes and completes property records for new purchases and state surplus
- Maintains safety, security, and sanitation of areas of responsibility
- Responsible for warehouse and tool control
- Assist in resolution of any delivery discrepancies
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Storekeeping/warehousing practices and procedures, including shipping, receiving, and inventory control
- Special storage requirements for certain hazardous materials and supplies
- Basic recordkeeping and report preparation related to warehouse activities
- State procurement procedures
- Warehouse safety practices and procedures
- Personal computer and software applications
- Operating specialized warehousing equipment
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Written and verbal communication
- Comply with Department Order related to hazardous material storage and distribution
- Adhere to Department safety regulations and mandates related to warehouse sanitation, security, and operation for material handling equipment
- Read and interpret a varied range of reference materials
- Check incoming/outgoing items against appropriate shipping/receiving documents
- Maintain inventory control records
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Apply sound critical judgment
- Work independently and quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Work in a prison environment
Three (3) years of experience receiving, storing, inventorying, distributing a variety of supplies, materials, and equipment or One (1) year of experience working as a Supplies Clerk, Warehouse Worker, or equivalent in the private sector
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation and a drug test.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term, and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.