This position will remain posted until filled. Resumes will be reviewed weekly.
Responsible for analyzing and resolving problems on the State WAN and LAN, this position performs advanced network administration and network reliability services, as well as provides technical assistance to the Tier I and II teams and performs network configuration and architecture. Additionally, this position installs and maintains network software, firmware, and patching IAW STIG guideline; monitors, configures, and tests LAN switches and routers; develops and writes network administration documentation and LAN logical and physical MAP and will install, configure and monitor network and server operating systems. This position is also responsible for VOIP and Telecomm related to network.
• Establishes and maintains network performance. Builds net configurations and connections. Troubleshoots network problems. Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration and directing system installation. Defines, documents, and enforces system standards. Maximizes performance by troubleshooting network problems and outages and scheduling upgrades. Configures router and updates data servers and network equipment. Collaborates with all teams to monitor and optimize network performance. Updates and maintains status of work on all assigned projects. Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access.
• Conduct daily analysis of all servers, identifies and characterizes incidents, generates incident reports, and investigates suspicious activity on all servers. Responsible for backup and validation of backups on all servers. Troubleshoot and isolate server issues (Hardware and Software), and work to resolve with all necessary parties required (Server Hardware and Software manufacturers).
• Internet Protocol (IP) address management. Domain Name Server (DNS) administration. Understand dynamic multipoint VPNs. Monitor, create, edit and enforce all standard operating procedures, processes and timelines
• Maintains and updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
• Principles, techniques and operations of networks and network hardware at the intermediate level.
• Microsoft Windows Server and PC software; VMWare virtualization technologies
• System software, hardware and networking and how they all interconnect / work together.
• Network design and implementation LAN / WAN
• Advanced Network troubleshooting skills
• Developing and writing technical documentation
• Problem solving and utilizing analytical skills
• Network hardware configuration
• Network performance tuning
• Prioritizing and planning work activities; sets goals and objectives; uses time efficiently; communicates activities and results as appropriate
• Perform intermediate level maintenance and repair of servers
• Build strong relationships inside and outside the organization
• Balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
• Synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
• Work within guidelines of established methods; obtains, clarifies and provides information within established parameters
• Work independently, establish priorities and complete actions timely and accurately
Desired qualifications include any combination of experience, education and training that meets the knowledge, skills, and abilities described. Preferred candidate will be CCNA, CCNP certified.
• Must have a DOD 8570 IAT II compliant certificate (GSEC, SEC+. SSCP).
• Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state issued driver's license. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete a required driver training (See Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
• In State travel required.
• Individual is required to pass a criminal background investigation.
• Requires the ability to achieve a favorable National Agency Check with investigation for the purpose of obtaining a Common Access Card (CAC).
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Sick leave
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Eligible DEMA employees participate in excellent retirement programs provided by the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) and for fire personnel the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEMA is a smoke-free work environment.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation Employer
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.