The Department of State is seeking a Systems Engineer Supervisor. The Systems Engineer Supervisor is a full-time/on-call position that requires extensive experience in Server/Systems Administration while leading the IT Operations Team. Responsible for the selection, technical design, implementation, operation, maintenance, and recovery procedures for enterprise systems including server hardware, hypervisors, operating systems, system applications, storage systems and networking components. Provides leadership in planning and implementation of projects for computer operations and enterprise systems administration, ensuring these plans maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the organization. Providing a safe, secure environment is the utmost priority for the organization. A few ways the Systems/Network Engineer will be responsible for maintaining security is via patching, network segmentation, and utilizing tools provided by the State.
• Set goals for the IT Operations department.
• Organize workflow and ensure IT Operations staff understand their duties/tasks.
• Monitor IT Operations staff productivity and provide constructive coaching.
• Maintain IT Operations staff timekeeping and personnel records.
• Monitors and maintains current IT infrastructure/systems, assists with End User Support/Help Desk duties, keep IT current with latest industry trends and best practices.
• Performs system analysis, designs, constructs and tests infrastructure. Installs, monitors, and directs proactive and reactive computer network defense measures to ensure the availability, integrity, confidentiality and reliability of systems
• Reviews configuration change proposals for compliance to established standards, guidelines and policies
• Provides guidance, assistance, training, and education. Continual IT Training during personal time.
• Administers the full range of disciplines
• Other related duties as assigned
• Strong Leadership skills.
• Thorough working knowledge of various infrastructure technologies
• Strong customer service skills with a positive attitude always
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Expert troubleshooting skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage systems security and remediation
• Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
• Demonstrated ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
• Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships inside and outside the organization
• Demonstrated ability to develop and write technical documentation
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate and test emerging technologies
• Demonstrated ability to install and repair PC hardware and software
• Demonstrated ability to perform advanced design, maintenance and repair of servers
• Demonstrated expertise in information system configuration management
• Demonstrated ability to lift 50 pounds
• Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of extensive experience in systems engineering/administration (or equivalent experience)
• 4+ years administering VMware/Hyper-V
• 4+ years administering Windows Servers, Active Directory, DFS, DHCP Server, DNS, Group Policy, SQL Server, etc.
• 4+ years with Backup and Recovery in a Windows/VMware environment
• 4+ years troubleshooting Windows Server applications
• 2+ years administering Linux Servers
• 4+ years Storage Area Network experience
• 2+ years administering Office 365
FBI background and fingerprint check is required for this position
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
All employees are subject to Arizona State Retirement System contributions.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 602-542-6170 for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.