The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Perf Improvement Specialist. This position will be responsible for the creation, oversight and maintenance of various AODA deliverables, manuals and communications, including provider support of AODA portals. Creates and implements policies and desktop protocols to maintain compliances with established standards. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Creation, oversight and maintenance of various AODA deliverables, manuals and communications, including provider support of AODA portals.
• Creates and implements policies and desktop protocols to maintain compliances with established standards.
• Creation of internal and external reports using technical writing, charts, graphs and presentations based on AHCCCS mainframe and data warehouse systems and grants, as well as other internal and external data sources.
• Utilization of data analytics on a variety of data, in order to develop findings, observations, recommendations and oversights inclusive of health equity practices.
• Participates in committees to assist in addressing behavioral and physical health reporting needs for internal staff, providers, and Managed Care Organizations.
• Participation in quality assurance functions for AODA produced operational and ad hoc reporting.
• In depth knowledge of problem solving and technical writing.
• Knowledge of data collection methodologies, data analysis, tracking and trending.
• Knowledge of research methods, including methodology development, sampling techniques, methods to identify variation in clinical performance data, statistical analysis and data quality/validation methods.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to work with internal and external entities.
• Skills in team building and facilitating large groups and negotiating resolutions.
• Ability to interpret data analyzed in trend and bar charts, ability to read and comprehend policies, protocols and specifications manual.
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, including managing multiple data projects across different populations.
• Two to three years working in a managed care environment that includes behavioral health knowledge.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.