The Arizona Department of Public Safety is seeking an experienced professional to join our team as a Telecommunications Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising the work of shop and field Telecommunications Technicians and Telecommunications Coordinators providing telecommunications systems and equipment construction, installation, maintenance, and operations in a functional or geographic area which may include several radio shops. Performs other duties as assigned. This is a competitive classification. This recruitment will be used to establish an 18-month eligibility list to fill the current and future vacancies.
Must successfully complete the examination process, which includes:
Qualifications Appraisal Board (QAB) - 100% weight
1. High School or equivalent.
2. Successful completion of a formal electronics technology program of instruction from a recognized public or private school or Armed Forces Service school.
3. Technical certification (e.g. FCC General Class License, PCIA or APCO Technician Certificate, CET Journeyman Certificate with a Communications endorsement, or equivalent).
4. Valid Arizona driver's license on effective starting date.
5. Requires two (2) years of experience as a Telecommunications Coordinator with the Arizona Department of Public Safety;
OR four (4) years of experience as a Telecommunications Technician with the Arizona Department of Public Safety;
OR four (4) years of work experience in electronics technology leading or supervising the repair, down to a module or subassembly, on two-way or multi-channel radio equipment (FCC Part 90, Part 101, or military equivalent).
Must successfully complete the examination process.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Applicants must complete an examination process. A polygraph and background investigation are required for successful applicants. All newly hired employees will be subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
In order to apply, you must go to the DPS website.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to benefit-eligible employees in cooperation with the State of Arizona.
• Accrued vacation pay and sick days
• 10 paid holidays per year
• Deferred compensation plan
• Top-ranked retirement plans
• Affordable medical, dental, vision, life, and short & long-term disability insurance plans
• Employee Assistance, Peer and Family Support Programs
• Bus Cards (Subsidized partially by the State)
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
This classification participates in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
To learn more and see a complete list of the job openings at the Arizona Department of Public Safety, visit our website at www.azdps.gov. You may also contact us at (602) 223-2290.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.