Customer Service Representatives will have the exciting opportunity to work in the office during a major election cycle in 2022. Customer Service Representatives will support customers and constituents by appropriately responding to election-related inquiries received via telephone, e-mail, in-person, or other methods of communications. Customers and constituents may include voters, members of the public, federal/state/county and local officials, or members of the regulated community (i.e., other government agencies, corporations, and organizations).
Primary duties include interaction with customers and constituents to provide election-related information relating to election deadlines, laws/statutes, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
This position is responsible for providing exemplary customer service; for providing accurate information; for drafting correspondence; for accuracy and timeliness of work products; for correctly interpreting rules and regulations; for the security of voter and customer information; for applying adequate problem-solving techniques and methods; for disseminating information within guidelines; to solve customer service problems; and to prioritize tasks within provided parameters.
- Interact with the public, candidates, or federal/state/county and local officials on a variety of complex or sensitive issues
- Act as a primary customer service representative via telephone and e-mail
- Explain voter registration and other election-related information to the public desiring to participate in the election process
- Assist candidates and federal/state/county and local officials by directing them to the appropriate Election staff member
- Other duties as assigned as related to the position
- Knowledge of basic office professionalism
- Knowledge of Arizona election processes, policy, government, and laws
- Knowledge of computers or other resources necessary to conduct research, review materials, edit or create documents and organize electronic files
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications
- Customer service, critical thinking and problem-solving skills that follow established procedures, rules, and policies
- Skill in active listening
- Skill in basic computer navigation
- Skill in basic Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Outlook and Word)
- Ability to adapt to change in procedures and responsibilities
- Ability to be detailed-oriented
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and assignments
- Ability to follow-through with tasks
- Ability to remain objective and non-partisan while serving in the position
- Ability to promote a positive work environment that contributes to the overall success of the Agency
- Previous customer service experience in government or elections
- Bilingual skills
- If telecommuting, internet connection with sufficient speed and capacity to accommodate work-related tasks
Valid Arizona Driver’s License or state issued ID
This position is not benefit-eligible.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Temporary employees are not eligible for retirement.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-541-6170 for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.