Phoenix, AZ 85012
This position is responsible for performing designated routine tasks related to the operation of the restorative service and is responsible for weekly and monthly weights of the residents.
• Provide restorative nursing services as designated by the Licensed Nurse and/or Therapist to assist residents to increase independence in mobility such as ambulation, transfer, active and passive range of motion, and bed mobility.
• Provide restorative nursing services as designated by the Licensed Nurse and/or Therapist to assist residents to increase independence in eating.
• Provide restorative nursing services as designated by the Licensed Nurse and/or Therapist to assist residents to increase independence in dressing, toileting and grooming.
• Assists and instructs Certified Nursing Assistants in proper delivery of AOL care such as: transfers, positioning, exercise, feeding, toileting, and the proper use of equipment and assistive devices such as braces, splints, walkers, lifts and prostheses.
• Documents residents participation and response to restorative nursing care provided daily and weekly, reports changes in resident condition to the charge nurse or the restorative nurse. Also completes and records all residents weights on a weekly or monthly basis.
• Maintains stock or equipment and maintains a safe, neat and efficient working environment Attends meetings and in-services as directed by facility i.e. restorative rehab meetings.
• Restorative practices and techniques of group and individual programs.
• Some knowledge of the principles, methods, materials and equipment used in physical therapy, occupational therapy and/or speech language pathology.
• Considerate knowledge of the possible hazards of residents during treatment, precautions to be observed in lifting and moving residents, and if necessary, precautionary, and remedial measures.
• Basic medical and rehabilitation terminology, documentation and reporting practices
• Basic needs and problems of nursing home residents
• The principles of resident’s rights, infection control and personal and resident safety
• Motivating residents to maximize participation as deemed appropriate by individual treatment plans.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with resides, coworkers and resident’s families.
• Oral and written communication.
• Observation of resident’s response to interventions and programs.
• Demonstrating various therapeutic interventions.
• Demonstrating proper application or use of assistive devices and equipment.
• Lift and reposition residents without restrictions
• Identify abnormal or unusual responses or conditions of residents that require reporting to the licensed nurse.
• Operate a variety of therapeutic equipment
• Identify and seek out resources of information to assist in problem solving
• Oral and written communication
• Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with the residents
• Experience In a healthcare environment. At least one-year experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant in a skilled nursing facility.
• Completion of an-on-job restorative aide orientation program or able to complete, if hired.
Current Negative Tb skin test (Mantoux skin test) within the last 6 months or a written statement from a physician, physician’s assistant or a registered nurse practitioner indicating freedom from tuberculosis, if in the past has had a positive skin test or tuberculosis
• Currently possess or ability to obtain and /or retain an Arizona Department of Public Safety Class 1 Fingerprint Card
• Current Arizona State Certified Nursing Assistant License
• Current CPR card that was obtained by physical assessment
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Sick leave
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602.781.7032 for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.