The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is seeking to hire a detailed oriented candidate. This position is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and processing ADCRR transactions for accounts payable accounts receivable treasury functions related to revolving accounts and fixed assets.
- Monitor revolving banking accounts and fixed assets, research and identify potential problem areas and problem-solve for resolution, compiles complex data utilizing automated accounting and procurement systems and identifies inconsistencies
- Process transactions for accounts payable, accounts receivable, and fixed asset transactions including but not limited to processing invoices, deposits, collecting Indirect, and transfers to correct errors
- Reconcile and prepare reports for all ADCRR fixed assets, Inmate Trust Account (ITA) accounts, Commissary and WIPP to include analysis for each transaction and reconciliation
- Verify the accuracy and integrity of these report balances to the Arizona Financial Information System (AFIS) accounting system
- Participate in inquiries from State Auditors and the General Accounting Office (GAO) Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) regarding fixed assets various bank accounts
- Gather documents/information per the request of Auditors.
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the State of Arizona Accounting Manual (SAAM)
- Principles, concepts, practices, methods, and techniques of government accounting, internal control structures, fiscal and asset management
- Methods and techniques of automated accounting systems, including the use of a variety of software packages
- Reference materials such as federal regulations, Arizona Revised Statutes, applicable agency manuals, and policies and procedures
- Financial research methodologies (e.g., statistically valid random sample)
- Identifying and resolving discrepancies
- Work organization and accomplishment
- Analysis and interpretation of financial data
- Work techniques required to maintain accounting records through automated accounting systems (includes personal computer skills and mainframe computer skills)
- Reviewing work of others
- Verbal and written communication
- Building and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Analyze and interpret financial data
- Apply accounting principles and practices
- Adhere to the rules, regulations, and procedures established for the work system or agency
- Learn the State of Arizona Accounting Manual, State Procurement, Arizona Financial Information System (AFIS), and Arizona Procurement Portal (APP) automated accounting system
- Written and verbal instructions
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- Three (3) to five (5) years of accounting experience
- Proficiency in the use of Excel
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.