Do you have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced warehouse environment while practicing safety?
The Department of Child Safety is looking for a reliable team member to input, track, and enter inventory/records of all commodities stored in the agency’s warehouse. In addition, this Warehouse Worker provides feedback to field staff and vendors and will coordinate services between agency field offices, business logistics, real estate, policy, fleet and fixed assets. All levels of experience welcome!
- General warehousing practices
- Stock rotation and shipping/receiving procedures and practices
- State government organization and reporting structure
- DCS programs and services
- Federal and state laws, regulations and policies regarding retention schedules
- Microsoft Office programs (Office, Excel and Access)
- Verbal and written communication
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Analyzing and establishing priorities
- Reviewing and submitting orders
- Organizing and monitoring work assigned
- Lift/move heavy items manually (up to 25lbs)
- Check incoming items against invoices, and related documents
- Maintain basic inventory control records
- Receive and store inventory
- Distribute a variety of supplies, material and equipment
- Provide excellent customer service
Requires the possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Must be able to secure and maintain clearance from the DCS Central Registry.
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS). Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.