YOU MUST APPLY AT OUR WEBSITE.
As an entry level web application developer and data support team member, you will work with highly skilled IT professionals that supports a talented group of auditors and investigators, together working to improve Arizona government. You will design, develop, and improve web applications that support internal and external business operations, as well as assist in acquiring and using data for our audits and other business functions.
Employees currently work a hybrid in-person/telecommuting schedule. This schedule is subject to change. Additionally, the Office has implemented safety guidelines and protocols for our team members to follow to help ensure their and agency personnel's safety.
Depending on your experience, you could be hired as either an:
IT Data Applications Analyst I:
$50,000 (Bachelor's degree)
$53,000 (Master's degree)
SIGN-ON BONUS - $2,000
IT Data Applications Analyst II:
$53,800 (Bachelor's degree)
$56,800 (Master's degree)
SIGN-ON BONUS - $2,000
An entry level analyst would typically work on:
• Designing, developing, testing, and documenting web applications based on user needs and to optimize business processes.
• Full stack web development, primarily using the Microsoft ASP.NET Core/.NET 6 web-development framework and related components.
• Utilizing Microsoft Visual Studio and GitHub for source code development and control.
• Designing, developing, testing, and documenting non-web applications to automate processes, help make data more accessible, and improve day-to-day efficiency, primarily using PowerShell, Python, and C#.
• Analyzing and resolving production issues on established processes and recommending improvements to existing code as needed.
• Acquiring, securing, transforming, and optimizing data from governments and other sources for use on audits and reviews.
• Analyzing data and designing strategic deliverables in consultation with auditors and investigators concerning business intelligence needs and areas of process improvements, including reports and data visualizations.
• Developing and/or delivering office training sessions.
Although most of the applications we develop focus on specific business processes and users, an example of webpages we developed for interactive use by the public includes the School district spending analysis and School district financial risk analysis sites. While these webpages demonstrate some of our style and approach, many of our web applications provide greater interactivity and functionality to implement business functionalities in a controlled and optimized manner.
Minimum qualifications include:
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or other similar IT-related major, with a minimum 3.0 GPA
• Familiarity with basic productivity software, database development and management (SQL), and coding (C#, Python, R, and/or PowerShell) is preferred
• Ability to learn new software programs/languages as they relate to data analysis, reporting, data visualization, and application development
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Experience mentoring others in technical matters
The Arizona Auditor General offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Generous paid vacation and sick leave with 10 paid holidays per year.
• Medical insurance, with the employer covering 88% of the premium cost.
• Retirement plan with 100% employer match of the 12.22% employee contribution and additional deferred compensation options.
• Business casual dress.
• Flexible Monday through Friday work schedules, including customizable work hours and telecommuting options.
• Continuing education provided and paid for by the employer.
• Tuition assistance program for those who qualify.
• Clear path to advance your career.
• Dental and vision insurance.
• Long-term disability insurance and optional short-term disability insurance.
• $15,000 life insurance policy and options to purchase additional coverage and supplemental coverage for dependents.
• Optional flexible spending accounts.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Arizona State Retirement System
If you have any questions, please contact Beth Entringer at 602-553-9854 or email@example.com for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.