The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is looking for a Web Developer with good customer service and collaboration skills to work with various Information Technology (IT) teams to develop and maintain web services and applications. This position will provide technical assistance for the maintenance of the Internet and Intranet websites for ADCRR.
- Creates, modifies web files, and applications in conjunction with web standards
- Develops, troubleshoots, and assist local web staff with servers, script, and other technical problems
- Plans, tests, and implements web-enabled applications and software patches in support of the agency
- Works with internal and external resources to implement and maintain websites
- Prepares reports and assists with development implementation plans
- Initiates and enforces web standards throughout the Department’s Intranet and Internet websites
- Attends current industry training and seminars
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Web programming languages including but are not limited to HyperText Markup Language (HTML), Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), Active Server Page.NET (ASP.NET), and eXtensible Markup Language (XML)
- Graphic design tools
- Relational Databases such as My Structured Query Language (MYSQL)
- Web development software and analysis tools
- Principles and techniques of application life-cycle management
- Project management life cycle and the role of technical specialist in a project
- English to include spelling, sentence structure, and grammar
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Customer service
- Time management
- Identifying and resolving production problems
- Interpreting and understanding functional requirements
- Prioritizing workload
- Project management and implementation
- Written and verbal communication
- Technical troubleshooting and problem solving
- Report preparation and typing
- Learn and adhere to ADCRR policies and procedures
- Understand complex interrelated technology and software functions
- Effectively communicate through written and verbal expressions
- Consult on issues and requests from end-users
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience with graphic design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Dreamweaver
- Knowledge of PHP ( Hypertext Preprocessor)
- Experience in securing websites and web applications using industry best practices with Drupal Visual Studio, ASP.net
- RESTful API’s
- Mobile-first web development practices
- Drupal Content Management System
- Version control systems, mainly Git/GitHub
- CSS preprocessors Syntactically Awesome Style Sheets/Leaner Style Sheets(Sass/Less)
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.