The Arizona Department of Education is a service organization committed to raising academic outcomes and empowering parents.
• Provides technical assistance for the maintenance of website(s) for the Arizona Department of Education
• Works with the development team and production services team in the development and maintenance of web services and elements
• Responsible for initial development and maintenance of website elements, design layouts and graphics
• Maintains mission critical systems in optimal operation performance
• Provides customer assistance as necessary
• Performs job tasks utilizing up-to-date techniques and procedures, and other duties appropriate to the assignment
• Local and in-state travel may be required
• Participates in the development and maintenance of website elements, embedded widgets, design layout, and graphics in support to agency's web administrators
• Develops, troubleshoots and assists local, State and outsourced web staff with technical problems
• Support the planning and testing of Drupal releases, versions or software patches in support of agency
• Works with internal and external resources to implement and maintain website
• Initiates and enforces web files and web-based applications are in compliance with department’s web and accessibility standards throughout the Department’s websites and web-based applications
• Attends training and seminars to keep abreast of current industry trends
• Prepares website usage reports and other metrics to assist with development and support implementation plans
Please note: For those selected for interviews, skills assessments may be administered as part of the interview process.
• Web programming languages, including Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
• Website management
• Graphic design tools such as, but not limited to, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Dreamweaver)
• Drupal or similar web Content Management Systems
• Accessibility standards
• Principles and techniques of application life-cycle management; project management life cycle and the role of the technical specialist in a project;
• Project management and implementation
• Experience securing websites and web applications using industry best practices
• Experience in managing websites; which can be a combination of working experience and and/or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Interpersonal relationships
• Customer service
• Time management
• Speed and quality in identifying and resolving production problems
• Interpreting and understanding functional requirements
• Prioritizing workload
• Oral and written communications (sentence structure and grammar)
• Technical troubleshooting
• Report preparation
• Problem solving
• Learn and adhere to agency's policy and procedures
• Analyze and diagnose problems related to operating and network systems and develop effective solutions
• Understand complex interrelated technology and software functions
• Effectively communicate through written and verbal expressions
• Able to consult on issues and requests from end users
Preference will be given to those applicants with 2-4 years experience with Drupal or similar content management solutions
• Position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
• Offers are contingent upon successful completion of all background and reference checks, required documents and, if applicable, a post-offer medical/physical evaluation.
ADE’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
• Tuition reimbursement program available for education/professional development advancement
• Hybrid schedule (combination of telework and in-office) may be available for some job roles
• Top ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
• Deferred compensation plan
• Accrued sick leave and vacation leave
• Ten paid holidays per year
• Wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
You will be required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) upon your 27th week of employment, subject to waiting period. On or shortly after, your first day of employment you will be provided with enrollment instructions and effective date.
The Arizona Department of Education is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the ADE Human Resources office at (602) 542-3186 or via e-mail at HumanResourcesGroup@azed.gov.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.