A Career in Public Service Awaits You, Come Join our Business Intelligence Team!
Your Talent, Our Mission: To promote, protect, and improve the health and wellness of individuals and communities in Arizona.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate and consult with statewide breastfeeding advocacy groups, healthcare, state, and community agencies, for modification and implementation of agency/community breastfeeding projects and programs.
- Provide breastfeeding technical guidance and administrative expertise in the design, development and implementation of special projects that would impact Federal and State Nutrition and Health promotion.
- Coordinate and provide training in the areas of breastfeeding promotion, nutrition and health education.
- Develop and/or implement curricula related to evidence based breastfeeding promotion, nutrition and health programs.
- Serve as a breastfeeding consultant for WIC and MCH programs.
- Provide technical assistance in the development and implementation of quality assurance programs related to breastfeeding.
- Coordinate and promote educational opportunities for the WIC and community partners. This includes selecting topics to meet community needs, securing speakers and managing logistics for educational opportunities.
- This position is required to perform work at/attend meetings at alternate locations and/or travel when necessary.
- Collaborate with ADHS programs and community partners to provide consistent breastfeeding promotional information. Coordinate with programs to ensure minimal duplication of efforts and to ensure that breastfeeding is included in disease prevention efforts.
- Plan, organize and direct arrangements for seminars, workshops or special training sessions and evaluate the outcomes of such activities.
- Create, conduct and evaluate training for internal and external audiences to improve the knowledge base within the state of Arizona.
- Confer with staff members of other agencies on issues regarding breastfeeding promotion and support. This includes applying knowledge and skills from other technical specialties.
- Write detailed reports based on research, analysis and evaluation of data pertaining to special projects, conditions or proposals under study involving application of expert or highly specialized knowledge and recommend actions to be taken or resolve problems.
- Read incoming correspondence, memoranda or reports; plan and formulate responses, subsequent action to be taken or route to file or to other destination.
- Serve as a member of technical committees, boards, task forces, advisory councils as appropriate. Provide breastfeeding counseling to ADHS employees. Ensure that employees are aware of good lactation practices and that they are aware of community resources. Assist ADHS employees and supervisors with Implementation of the Agency's breastfeeding policy. Mediate issues arising from interpretation of the policy.
- Evidence-based breastfeeding best practices.
- Components of a comprehensive health program.
- Breastfeeding barriers and success criteria.
- Current concepts in effective nutrition and health delivery programs.
- Theories and practical application of program planning, design and implementation as related to Federal and State Nutrition Programs.
- Aware of how breastfeeding integrates into a comprehensive public health plan.
- Performance Management (PM), and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and Lean methodologies.
- Using effective culturally-appropriate counseling techniques.
- Use of computer programs: word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
- Analytical decision-making.
- Organizational planning and group facilitation.
- Training skills, including planning, organizing and conducting training sessions.
- Assisting and advising administrators and personnel in matters related to lactation services.
- Giving breastfeeding /lactation support.
- Writing skills.
- Communicate effectively with disparate audiences.
- Support a diverse multi-cultural workforce that reflects the community, promotes equal opportunity at all levels of public employment, and creates an inclusive work environment that enables all individuals to perform to their fullest potential free from discrimination.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition and/or health-related degree and 3 years work experience in breastfeeding support, analytical decision-making, program evaluation, organizational planning, and individual and group counseling.
- Advanced breastfeeding education certification required (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant Credential).
-Employees who drive on state business require possession of and the ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any driver training (See Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.11).
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant Credential.
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
− Affordable medical and dental insurance plans
− Paid vacation and sick time
− 10 paid holidays per year
− Wellness program and plans
− Life insurance
− Short/long-term disability insurance
− Defined retirement plan
− Award winning Infant at Work program
− Credit union membership
− Transit subsidy
− ADHS Student Assistance Pilot Program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
To help you build a financially secure future, the State makes monthly contributions to finance your retirement benefit. The State will make a contribution to the ASRS in an amount equal to your contribution. In other words, you and the State will each pay 50% of the total cost of the benefit. New State employees have a 27 week wait period for contributions to begin.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 542-1085. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. DHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.