Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance? The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork.
The Department of Economic Security, Division of Employment and Rehabilitation Services (DERS) performs an integral role in improving Arizona’s workforce by assisting individuals who are unemployed or underemployed, and those with barriers, to prepare for and obtain meaningful employment. DERS supports Arizona employers with recruitment assistance by connecting them to a skilled workforce.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Workforce Policy Analyst with the Workforce Policy Unit. This position is responsible for drafting workforce policies, tracking and ensuring that existing workforce policies are current and relevant, and modifying workforce policies based on changes to laws, rules, and the needs of DERS.
● Research, draft, and update workforce policies.
● Gather information and research from various sources, including State and Federal Laws, Federal regulations, State administrative rules, stakeholder communities, and other governmental entities.
● Communicate with various entities to gather information, track development of policies, compile information received from sources, and ensure that policies comply with DERS policy format, State and Federal laws, and the expectations of DERS Executive Management.
● Assist in developing, maintaining, and tracking processes to ensure all workforce policies are reviewed at scheduled intervals.
● Provide assistance to staff within the Workforce and Employer Engagement Administrations.
● Research State and Federal legislation, and amendments to existing legislation, with potential impact to workforce policies.
● Work as a team member with direction from the Workforce Policy Unit Manager to implement new workforce policies.
● Function as Forms and Notices Coordinator for the workforce- and employer engagement-related forms and notices housed with the Workforce and Employer Engagement Administrations.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Knowledge of Federal and State laws, statutes, regulations, policies, and procedures governing DERS programs, in particular workforce programs.
● Knowledge of Federal and State legislative and rule-making processes.
● Knowledge of departmental rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
● Skills in oral and written communication.
● Problem solving, research, and analytical skills.
● Skills in gathering, organizing, and summarizing information and data from varied sources and creating reports.
● Interpersonal relationship skills.
● Project management, time management, and planning skills.
● Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive and complex projects, effectively and with an attention to detail.
● Ability to provide clear and effective guidance and direction regarding policies and procedures.
● Ability to solve problems and make decisions.
● Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
● At least three years of experience researching, analyzing, coordinating, and writing policy documents for an organization OR an advanced degree in Public Policy or related field OR at least four years of programmatic work experience in the field of workforce programs or in any other areas of programmatic services offered by DERS.
● Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
● Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
● The position will require a current, valid Arizona Driver’s License. Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) and have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management-Safety Program policy and procedures (DES 1-07-26 & DES 1-07-26-01). Employees may be required to use their own transportation, as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
-Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability Insurance
-10 holidays per year
-Paid Vacation and Sick time off - start earning it your 1st day
-Eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
-Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
-Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
-Career Advancement Opportunities
-Opportunity to work remotely (home office) on an ad-hoc basis
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work, you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines, and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please call (480) 204-2707 or email email@example.com.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting (480) 204-2707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.