Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance? The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork.
The Department of Economic Security, Division of Employment and Rehabilitation Services (DERS) performs an integral role in improving Arizona’s workforce by assisting individuals who are unemployed or underemployed, and those with barriers, to prepare for and obtain meaningful employment. DERS supports Arizona employers with recruitment assistance by connecting them to a skilled workforce.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Workforce Specialist 3 (Program Services Evaluator 3) with the Workforce Development Administration (WDA). This position is responsible for providing a wide range of staff-assisted employment services to applicants and job seekers. This individual will provide job development, job matching, and placement assistance utilizing an internet-based system. This position is in-office only; it is not a remote or virtual office role.
• Interview job applicants to obtain information about job skills and qualifications for job placement. Provide staff-assisted job search placement assistance to unemployed and underemployed individuals accessing employment services. Support Entered Employment goals.
• Assess job seeker’s work history, skills, knowledge, ability, and interest to make appropriate job matches and referrals to job openings, training, and support services. Discuss career opportunities and develop an employment plan
• Search applicant files to locate qualified applicants for referral to job openings. Contact employers to discuss applicant skills, arrange interviews, follow-up.
• Facilitate self-directed employment services and information available to individuals utilizing the One-Stop Career Center Employment Resource Room to conduct job searches, filing for Unemployment Insurance, and other workforce development programs.
• Knowledge of Federal and State Employment Service laws, regulations, policies, and procedures, including U.S. Department of Labor, Employment Security Administration, Department of Administration rules, policies, and procedures.
• Knowledge of Social, cultural, and economic conditions of the area(s) served and specialized program knowledge in relation to employment and training.
• Interviewing skills, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Customer service skills.
• Ability to gather and analyze data, skill in operation of computers and office equipment.
• Ability to resolve problem-related issues, establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Two years of public contact and customer service work experience.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired state employees.
• Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• The position will require a current, valid Arizona Driver’s License. Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) and have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management-Safety Program policy and procedures (DES 1-07-26 & DES 1-07-26-01). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintain valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
• Candidate shall have or meet the requirements to obtain prior to their first day of employment, a valid Level One Arizona fingerprint clearance card issued pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute 41-1758.07 in order to work with children and vulnerable adults.
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
-Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability Insurance
-10 holidays per year
-Paid Vacation and Sick time off - start earning it your 1st day
-Eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
-Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
-Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
-Career Advancement Opportunities
*Critical Services Premium Pay Stipend - This position may be eligible to receive a temporary stipend of 10% in addition to base pay beginning in December 2021. If eligible, the temporary stipend amount will be calculated using the employee's base rate of pay and will be reflected in each paycheck. It is anticipated that this temporary stipend will be available through June 24, 2022.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work, you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please call (480) 202-3850 or email Brianhemminger@azdes.gov.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting (480) 202-3850 or email Brianhemminger@azdes.gov. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.